In 2013 Thanksgiving will be celebrated on November 28th. I’m planning a feast with local guests as well as guests from England. My Thanksgiving turkey seems to be a craved mainstay of the celebration. It must be my secret “Seasholtz marinade”? I’ll clue you in – my marinade includes milk, hot sauce and honey among other special and unusual ingredients. Cooked in my Grandmother’s roaster and with homemade gravy it is a sight to see! Thanksgiving is a time to relax and reflect on all our many blessings.
During our feast I ask each person what three things they are the most thankful for right now. Sometimes I’m surprised how hard this question seems to be! Many of my past listings of things I’m thankful for are equally appropriate for this year. With a few tweaks, here’s what I’m continually thankful for!
- Both of my children are doing great! We have a close relationship. My son recently received a major promotion and my daughter is a Dean’s list student.
- I love my career and can’t imagine doing anything else – my vocation is truly my avocation! I’m in my 34th year of service to the public; the time has flown by.
- I have the very best relationship manager in the whole wide world! Those of you who know Joyce Whitworth will certainly agree with me.
- I’m blessed to have so many delightful clients who are friends as well. Many of you have been with me over 30 years! What a treasure you all are. You have enriched and continue to enrich my life in so many ways!
- I’m constantly learning new things – in the financial planning field there is no time to be stale or rely on past solutions. The markets are dynamic and ever in motion. Tax laws change. As I say, there are three (3) certainties in life: Change, Death and Taxes! This year we’ve added Obamacare to the mix.
- I live in the United States of America – home of the free and land of the brave where we can all have a voice and an opinion without fear of retribution. Vote or don’t complain!
- My career lets me provide continuing service to clients as long as I choose to do so – no forced retirement here.
- My radio show, Financial Strategies for Life, reaches many listeners weekly with timely information on all things financial in an understandable way. Listen in every Tuesday from 8-9 AM, EST on WSIC 1400 AM, www.wsicweb.com for live streaming, or by the TuneIn radio App on your mobile device. We get great feedback on the show!
- I’m blessed to have an optimistic outlook on life in general. It makes everything else so much better.
- I am in better health due to working with a trainer 2-3 times a week.
- There will always be a need for the services and expertise I provide!
- I get the opportunity to interact with some wonderful professionals in many fields and we work together for the benefit of our clients.
- I’m thankful for the internet and the various smart devices that make my work easier to manage.
- I’m grateful Cracker Barrel is open and one can get a full Thanksgiving dinner for about $10 if you don’t want to cook or are spending the holiday alone.
At Preferred Financial Strategies we wish you a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING. May your respective football teams win their games, may your families be safe and may we all enjoy this upcoming holiday season.